Live here, give here: Freshman Orientation Blood Drive!
Stop by and donate blood at the Freshman Orientation blood drive! One blood donation can save up to 3 lives and everything collected goes straight to the patients right here at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. This is a great way to make a difference in the community and in the lives of the patients here at the University. Walk-ins are most definitely welcome but appointments are encouraged. Hate needles or aren’t eligible to donate…that’s ok; you can help by getting the word out about the blood drive to your fellow co-workers and friends. All successful donors will receive an "I Bleed Black & Gold" t-shirt. Thanks so much for your support and Go Hawks!
General requirements for donating:
* Must have a photo ID- Student ID is okay
* Weigh at least 110 lbs.
* Drink plenty of fluids and have a good meal before you donate
* It is recommend to increase the amount of salt in your diet the day prior to donating
* Be cold or flu symptom free for 5 days
* Bring a list of the medications you are taking
* Bring a list of the places you have visited outside the U.S. within the last 3 years
Thursday, June 29 at 12:30pm to 4:30pm
Iowa Memorial Union (IMU), Sunporch
125 North Madison Street, Iowa City, Iowa