UI Freshman Orientation Blood Drive!
Stop by and donate blood at the UI Freshman Orientation blood drive! One blood donation can save up to three lives, and everything collected goes straight to the patients the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. This is a great way to make a difference in the community and in the lives of the patients. Walk-ins are most definitely, welcome but appointments are encouraged. Hate needles or aren’t eligible to donate? That’s ok; you can help by getting the word out about the blood drive to your fellow coworkers and friends.
All successful donors will receive an "I Bleed Black & Gold" T-shirt. Thanks so much for your support, and Go Hawks!
General requirements for donating:
- Must have a photo ID—student ID is okay
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Drink plenty of fluids and have a good meal before you donate
- It is recommend to increase the amount of salt in your diet the day prior to donating
- Be cold or flu symptom free for five days
- Bring a list of the medications you are taking
- Bring a list of the places you have visited outside the U.S. within the last three years
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Jessica Hinrichs in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-356-2058.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 12:30pm to 4:30am
Iowa Memorial Union (IMU), Sunporch
125 North Madison Street, Iowa City, Iowa