College of Engineering Undergraduate Commencement
Student speaker will be Antonio Washington. Commencement speaker will be Eric Keen (BS, civil engineering, 1979), chairman and CEO of HDR, an engineering architecture, environmental, and construction services firm based in Omaha, Nebraska. Degrees will be conferred by Vice President for Student Life Melissa Shivers.
- Attire: Purchasing information. Graduates are required to wear a black gown, black cap, & orange tassel. Make sure your tassel hangs to your right side.Student Organizations should inform the Dean's Office of any special regalia (cords, stoles, or other).
- Group Photo: There will be a class photo on the stairs at 11:00.
- Check-in: Graduates must report to the venue by 11:00 a.m. to check-in. You will be gifted a medallion and pin when you pick up your name card.
- Processional: Assemble by department/program. A marshal will lead you to the seating area. Please remain standing until the Dean directs you to sit.
- Conferring of Degrees: Staff will release graduates row by row to receive their individual recognition. You will hand your name card to an engineering official before crossing the stage.
- Recessional: A marshal will lead you out row by row. Please wait for the last person in the row ahead of you before exiting your row.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at