College of Engineering Undergraduate Commencement
Dec 19, 2021
141 Park Road, Iowa City, IA 52242
- Attire: Purchasing information. Graduates are required to wear a black gown, black cap, & orange tassel. Make sure your tassel hangs to your right side.Student Organizations should inform the Dean's Office of any special regalia (cords, stoles, or other).
- Group Photo: There will be a class photo on the stairs at 11:00.
- Check-in: Graduates must report to Hancher by 11:00 a.m. to check-in. You will be gifted a medallion and pin when you pick up your name card.
- Processional: Assemble by department/program. A marshal will lead you to the seating area. Please remain standing until the Dean directs you to sit.
- Conferring of Degrees: Staff will release graduates row by row to receive their individual recognition. You will hand your name card to an engineering official before crossing the stage.
- Recessional: A marshal will lead you out row by row. Please wait for the last person in the row ahead of you before exiting your row.
No tickets required.
Dean Harriet Nembhard and President Barb Wilson will deliver messages to students. Graduate Alexandra Humston, of Wellman, Iowa, will be the student speaker. The guest speaker will be Caroline VanIngen-Dunn (BSBME ’83), director of the Center for Broadening Participation in STEM. Board of Regents member Nancy Dunkel will participate in the ceremony.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you or a guest are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please use the contact information listed on this page.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at