Skills for Educators Workshop: How to Design Instruction
Jan 18, 2019
08:30 AM - 11:30 AM
720 Melrose Avenue, Iowa City, IA 52242
In this workshop, you will learn about principles and processes that lead to efficient and effective instruction, whether for a single lesson or a whole course.
• Describe the process of instructional design, including major steps in the process and the purpose of each step.
• Determine goals for an instructional unit or program based on thoughtful analysis of the need and situation.
• Write useful and meaningful learning objectives that describe the knowledge, skills and/or attitudes that students will achieve.
• Use learning objectives to ensure that instruction and assessment aligns with the goals and objectives to increase the likelihood of effective and efficient learning.
• Develop a plan to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at