- Carver College of Medicine
- Center for Diversity and Enrichment
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Cultural Affairs and Diversity Initiatives
- Diversity Resources Team
- Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Division of Student Life
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Global Health Studies Program
- Interdisciplinary Programs
- International Studies Program
- Latin American Studies Program
- Latina/o Studies
- Multicultural and International Support Programs
Dr. Mario Mendoza: An Undocumented Immigrant's Journey to Medicine
Jan 24, 2020
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
220 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242
Join us as we welcome Dr. Mario Mendoza of Life UNdocumented on Friday, January 24th from noon-1pm in E331 General Hospital, the Med Alum conference room.
Dr. Mendoza will share his story his journey from El Salvador, crossing the US-Mexican border on foot with a “coyote” as an undocumented immigrant at 7 years old, to becoming a Clinical Anesthesiologist.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa - sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact email@example.com.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at