- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Department of Biology
- Department of History
- Department of Rhetoric
- Interdisciplinary Programs
- Iowa Writers' Workshop
- Iowa Youth Writing Project
- Magid Center for Undergraduate Writing
- Museum of Natural History
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Pentacrest Museums
- School of Journalism & Mass Communication
- University of Iowa Stanley Museum of Art
Apr 7, 2020
05:00 PM - 06:30 PM
39-53 East Jefferson Street, Iowa City, IA 52240
Experienced, aspiring, and amateur writers alike: this summer, make our museums your muse.
Join us in one of our magical gallery spaces after-hours with other writers in your community. We think our museum is one of the best places to write in town; evoking curiosity and wonder while remaining quiet and of course, climate-controlled (Phew! Summer in Iowa, right?). Work on a project you've been needing a reason to revisit or begin something totally new. All genres, all subjects–we got you.
Our space is yours for the evening:
- Tuesday, February 4 5-6:30 pm in Bird Hall at at the Museum of Natural History
- Tuesday, April 7 5-6:30 pm in Mammal Hall at the Museum of Natural History
This program is designed for adult participants but everyone is welcome! Admission is free. Advanced registration not required.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at