Culturally Responsive Health Care in Iowa
Jun 3, 2021
08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
There is a need to ensure that health care professionals have the skills and knowledge to provide culturally appropriate services in order to respond to the changing patient demographics, address health care disparities, ensure patient safety and the highest quality of care.
Join us online for this live virtual conference on Thursday, June 3, 2021.
The Zoom link will be emailed a few days before the conference.
All other attendees $25
Please register here
- Identify ways in which a provider can care for patients in a respectful manner by acknowledging the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Discuss how Covid-19 has effected underserved patient populations at more alarming rates than the general population.
- Recognize the importance of culturally responsive products for patients.
- Describe ways of providing equitable care for persons with autism.
- Review the importance of correct usage of Pronouns and Names.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at