Public Tours of Hancher Auditorium
Apr 20, 2022
141 Park Road, Iowa City, IA 52242
The Hancher Guild offers public tours of Hancher Auditorium occasionally on Wednesdays. The 2022 tour schedule is listed at https://hancher.uiowa.edu/PublicTours.
Meet in the lobby prior to a tour's starting time, and your tour guide will greet and guide you or your small group through Hancher's facilities. A tour takes approximately one hour and usually includes Smith Lobby, Strauss Rehearsal Hall, backstage, Hadley Stage and Hancher Auditorium, and Stanley Café.
- Hancher's tours are free, and reservations are not required for public tours.
- Use Entrance 2 (ENT 2), located on the west side and directly off the small curved lot. The main entrance (ENT 1) is locked unless a scheduled event is occurring in Hancher.
- It would be helpful to send an email to the Guild in advance if a group of 10 or more people is planning to take a tour.
- The minimum age recommended to enjoy our tours is 8 years old.
- Hancher was designed to be fully accessible to all members of the community.
- The Hancher Showcase will be open, too, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at