Hardin Open Workshops: Scopus & Web of Science - Zoom
Oct 12, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Both databases are multidisciplinary and allow you to measure scholarly impact. This hands-on session will show you
• how to quickly find the articles you need for you research or systematic review in each database
• how to track an article’s cited and citing references in each database
• how to find journal ‘Impact Factors’ using the Journal Citation Reports of Web of Science
• how to determine an author’s h-index
• how to identify a researcher and her/his publication track with Scopus,
among other useful features of both databases.
Class will be taught via Zoom. Advance registration is required. Registrants will be emailed the Zoom link 30 minutes before the class time.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at