Gilman Scholarship Info Sessions
Oct 3, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Please join International Programs for one of several information sessions to discuss the process of applying for a Gilman Scholarship and learn how you could receive up to $5,000 to study abroad! Applications are now being accepted for spring, summer, and fall 2023.
The Gilman Scholarship program is an undergraduate grant program for U.S. citizens of limited financial means to enable them to study abroad and better prepare them to thrive in the global economy. Scholarships are awarded to U.S. citizen undergraduates who receive the Federal Pell Grant and are pursuing academic, credit-bearing, study abroad programs. The Gilman Scholarship aims to support those who have been underrepresented in study abroad as well as encourage students to choose nontraditional study locations.
Staff will introduce you to the Gilman, coach you on how to fill out the application, and give you insight as to what the scholarship reviewers are looking for in an applicant.
Gilman Scholarship information sessions will be offered in a virtual format. Click on the session you'd like to attend to be redirected to the Zoom meeting during its scheduled time.
Upcoming info sessions
- Tuesday, Aug. 23 - 1 - 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 24 - 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 25 - 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 26 - 10 - 11 a.m.
- Monday, Aug. 29 - 10 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 30 - 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31 - 9 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1 - 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 6 - 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 12 - 10 - 11 a.m.
- Monday, Sept. 19 - 10 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 21 - 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 22 - 3 - 4 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 26 - 10 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 - 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 3 - 10 - 11 a.m.
Application Submission Deadline: Thursday, Oct. 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time zone
For more information visit: https://www.gilmanscholarship.org/
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at