Mar 22, 2023
01:30 PM - 02:30 PM
Instructors: Jennifer Teitle, PhD, Assistant Dean for Graduate Development and Postdoctoral Affairs of the Graduate College; Lisa Kelly, PhD, MFA, Assistant Director for Graduate Student Success & Development; and Brady Krien, PhD, MLIS, Assistant Director for Graduate Student Success & Assessment, Graduate College.
This session will help guide graduate and professional students to map out their career path after graduation. Facilitators will help tackle some concerns international graduate students might have regarding employment in the United States. Facilitators will assist participants to discover potential career interests and prepare for future employment.
Participants who attend this session will learn:
- skills to navigate cultural expectations in the job search process
- strategies to utilize in the professional context outside the University of Iowa
- skills to prepare for applying for a job and prioritizing materials in job application
- job interview strategies and techniques
- strategies to effectively negotiate and communicate with potential employers
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at