2023 Course Design Institute
May 26, 2023
09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
125 West Washington Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Applications for the Office of Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center for Teaching's Course Design Institute are due Friday, March 31.
Are you interested in designing or redesigning a course? Do you want to connect with experts on backward course design and with peers to discuss teaching ideas?
Apply to join the 2023 Course Design Institute, a multi-day, in-person event for instructors who wish to learn how to design, redesign, or revise a course. You’ll receive hands-on guidance and learn how to:
- Apply evidence-based frameworks and strategies to design an integrated and equitable course.
- Develop and align course components, including learning goals and objectives, equitable assessments, and authentic learning activities.
- Demonstrate course structures and teaching approaches through a syllabus, proposal, or other artifact.
- Monday, May 22, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 24, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, May 26, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This in-person event will be held in the Main Library (LIB 1022). We will provide a light breakfast and lunch during the institute.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at