- Center for Language and Culture Learning
- College of Law
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Department of Communication Studies
- Department of English
- Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Division of Student Life
- Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- International Programs
- International Studies Program
- International Writing Program
- Multicultural and International Support Programs
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
War and Resistance: An Evening of Poetry to Promote Peace and Democracy
Mar 21, 2023
05:00 PM - 06:30 PM
16 North Clinton Street, Iowa City, IA 52245
UI International Programs and the UI Center for Language and Culture Learning invite you to "War and Resistance: An Evening of Poetry to Promote Peace and Democracy," on Tuesday, March 21, from 5 - 6:30 p.m., in 120 Phillips Hall.
This multilingual poetry reading, which is being held on World Poetry Day, will take place amidst an exhibition of photos taken by Fulbright photographers who, like poets, captured the tragic and heroic, devastating and hopeful moments of present life in Ukraine.
“As Ukrainians continue to resist the Russian invasion into their land, it remains important to bear witness, to make art, and to read poems of resistance,” said Claire Frances, director of the Center for Language and Culture Learning.
This event is free and open to the public. The photo exhibit will be on display in Phillips Hall, room 120, during the poetry reading.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at