- College of Law
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Division of Interdisciplinary Programs
- Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- Global Health Studies Program
- International Studies Program
- Latin American Studies Program
- Latina/o/x Studies Program
Apr 6, 2023
05:45 PM - 07:45 PM
Iowa Memorial Union (IMU), International Ballroom
125 North Madison Street, Iowa City, IA 52245
IS:3012 Community Engaged Learning with Refugees and Immigrants in Iowa is partnering with the Catherine McAuley Center in Cedar Rapids to host a Refugee Simulation event on the UI campus. This event is free and open to the public. To encourage people on and off campus to learn about the lived experiences of refugees, we invite people to attend this very unique and interactive opportunity.
Where: UI IMU International Ballroom (2nd floor)
When: Thursday, 6 April from 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Register: Please sign up here: registration survey
To learn more about the Catharine McAuley Center, please watch this general video.
To learn more about what a refugee simulation is, please read this article.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at