Computer Science - Founders Day Celebration
Mar 29, 2023
03:30 PM - 05:00 PM
2 West Washington Street, Iowa City, IA 52240
On the occasion of our 58th anniversary, the Department of Computer Science at Iowa cordially invites you to attend our inaugural Founders Day Celebration. This event will be held Wednesday, March 29, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the Muhly Lounge (3 MLH).
Please join us for root beer floats made from local, on-tap Millstream soda and vanilla ice cream as we celebrate the achievements of the extraordinary students and faculty in our department!
RSVP by Sunday, March 26.
We hope you can join us in further recognizing:
- 2022-23 departmental scholarship recipients
- CS 2021-22 Outstanding TA AND 2023 UI Council on Teaching Outstanding TA Awardee
- Spring 2023 Graduate College Fellows, 2022-23 GEM Employer Fellow, and Graduate Teaching Fellow
- Students Featured in 2023 Dare to Discover Campaign
- Any known forthcoming Graduate College Fellows
- Student and Faculty achievements including:
- Maaz Musa Best Paper Award Runner-up at PETS Conference
- Yafan Huang et al. Best Paper Finalist and Best Student Paper Finalist at SC22
- Hankyu Jang Best Paper Runner-up at ASONAM 2022
- Chipara Test of Time award
- Hourcade XR for Youth Ethics Consortium work
- Meng Zhou Oral Presentation First Place Winner at 2023 AMS 103rd Annual Meeting
- JPEC Fall IdeaStorm and Start Up Games; and Spring IdeaStorm winners
- HackUIowa '22 winners
- Prof. Guanpeng Li’s NSF Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure CORE grant
- New Phi Beta Kappa members
In each case the awardees were chosen from an exceptional pool of applicants!
In addition, we will also be recognizing our recently/soon-to-be Emeritus faculty Professors Jim Cremer and Joe Kearney.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at