NNLM Virtual Symposium on Health Misinformation
Apr 4, 2023
10:30 AM - 04:30 PM
Registration is open for the NNLM Virtual Symposium April 4-6, 2023. The 2023 NNLM Virtual Symposium, Health Misinformation will explore both the research behind health misinformation movements and provide practical and evidence-based solutions to support librarians, health educators, and direct care providers in combating the spread of all types of health misinformation. Topics may include the types of misinformation, history of health misinformation, tips to understand health research, combating social media spread, the effects of health misinformation on individuals and communities, and highlighting replicable programs that Network Members can implement to address health misinformation.
- Distinguish between the types of misinformation
- Describe current research regarding health misinformation
- Identify and implement resources and tools to combat health misinformation, resources, and tools
- Explore programs, projects, and practices related to health misinformation in communities
- Increase awareness of NNLM, NLM, and NLM products
This event is free and open to anyone interested in learning more about health misinformation!
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at