First Stop at the Stanley
Jun 2, 2023
04:00 PM - 06:00 PM
160 West Burlington Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Start your Gallery Walk with First Stop at the Stanley! For the first time in Gallery Walk history, the Stanley Museum of Art will be joining as one of the stops. See the Stanley Museum of Art’s recent acquisition of Willie Cole’s Two-Faced Blues and the reinstallation of prints, photos, and textiles in the galleries. Then, enjoy refreshments and live music by the Blake Shaw Duo in the lobby.
The Stanley will be open late until 6 p.m.
After enjoying First Stop at the Stanley, head downtown for the Iowa City Gallery Walk. For over 25 years, this event has taken over downtown and filled your favorite businesses with wonderful works of art. Make an evening of it and grab a bite to eat, shop the boutiques, and discover some new artwork in beautiful Downtown Iowa City!
The Downtown Summer Gallery Walk is Friday, June 2 from 5 to 8 p.m. This FREE event is open to everyone to enjoy a self-guided tour of 20 shops, galleries, and other locations that have curated featured artists and pieces of art.
Visit seven of the venues for a chance to win a $50 gift card to one of the participating shops! In order to qualify, get your postcard marked at each location visited. Completed cards can be dropped off at any venue. A random winner will be selected and notified the following week.
2023 Venues & Artists:
- 223 Baby Co
- Basic Goods
- Blick Art Materials – Megan Bishop, Andy Black, Annabelle Burns, Craig Carman, Jan Duschen, Kate Henriksen, Kaylee Kuehl, Jade Offerman, Bao Pham, & Jay Schleidt
- Fresh Cafe
- Glassando – Aaron Moseley
- Iowa Artisan's Gallery – Charlie Cooley
- Iowa City Senior Center – Constance Peterson, Diana Miller, Gwen Elling, Mark Stevenson
- MidwestOne Bank –Emily Martin
- Public Space One – Dorian Dean and Adam Farcus
- Sweets and Treats
- Ten Thousand Villages – Ruth Manna
- The James Theater – Alexandra Ackerman
- The Stanley Museum of Art – Willie Cole
- United Action for Youth – 5th and 6th grade UAY Art Club members from Grant Wood Elementary, Kirkwood Elementary, and Coralville Central Elementary
- US Bank – Astrid Hilger Bennett
- Wild Culture Kombucha
- Willow & Stock – Karin Rutkin
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at