Public Tours of Hancher Auditorium
The Hancher Guild offers public tours of Hancher Auditorium occasionally on Wednesdays, starting at 11 a.m. and at 12:30 p.m. The 2023 tour schedule is listed at https://hancher.uiowa.edu/PublicTours.
Meet in the lobby prior to a tour's starting time, and your tour guide will greet and guide you or your small group through Hancher's facilities. A tour takes approximately one hour and usually includes Smith Lobby, Strauss Rehearsal Hall, backstage, Hadley Stage and Hancher Auditorium, and Stanley Café.
- Hancher's tours are free, and reservations are not required for public tours.
- It would be helpful to send an email to the Guild in advance if a group of 10 or more people is planning to take a tour.
- The minimum age recommended to enjoy our tours is 8 years old.
- Hancher was designed to be fully accessible to all members of the community.
- The Hancher Showcase will be open, too, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at