Food Drive | Global Public Health Week
Sep 21, 2023
145 North Riverside Drive, Iowa City, IA 52246
This year’s Global Public Health Week Food Drive will benefit the Food Pantry at Iowa. Bins will be placed in the CPHB Atrium from Sept. 18–22, 2023 to collect donations.
All donations are accepted, but we are specifically looking for the following culturally relevant food items to serve international members of the UI community. The mission of the Food Pantry is to provide nutritious food and basic necessities for University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff in need, and to fight food insecurity through education and advocacy.
- Specialty Rice (basmati, jasmine, thai, etc)
- Dried Beans (black, pinto, dal, mung, etc)
- Canned Tomatoes and Tomato Paste
- Salt & Pepper
- Cassava Flour
- Corn Flour (Masa Harina)
- Dried Spices (whole peppercorn, chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, etc)
- Cooking Oil (palm, sesame, soybean, vegetable, etc)
- Toiletries (diapers, toilet paper, feminine sanitary products, soap, etc)
- Hygiene Products for Curly Hair
For those who would like to participate via donation, the food pantry also has an Amazon wishlist of high need items.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at