- Carver College of Medicine
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- Global Public Health
- Graduate College
- Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs
- International Programs
- International Studies Program
- Office of Sustainability and the Environment
- Tippie College of Business
- Urban and Regional Planning
Why We Compete: Global Health Case Competition Information Session
Jan 25, 2024
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
145 North Riverside Drive, Iowa City, IA 52246
Start preparing for the 7th annual IPHPRP Global Health Case Competition!
Open to all graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled at the University of Iowa. Register to attend on Handshake (walk-ins welcome).
AWARDS: Up to $2,500 available for the 1st place team (top 3 teams receive cash awards)! Grand Prize team will be partnered with an organization in the case location and will have the chance to travel internationally to implement their award-winning intervention proposal!
The IPHPRP Global Health Case Competition brings students together to engage in a unique, practical experience tackling some of the world’s most complex health challenges by student teams creatively address critical global health challenges in a competitive and collaborative environment that simulates future workplace settings. Teams with diverse disciplines and colleges represented tend to place exceptionally well. Participation is limited to 6-8 teams with 5 students on each team.
Benefits to participating in the case competition:
- Applying evidence-based decision-making to industry focused issues
- Prioritizing resources in a reality-based environment
- Developing problem-solving and project management skills
- Interdisciplinary networking with faculty and students
- Building your résumé and experience
- And preparing yourself for the coursework in Capstone (Public Health Students)
More information about the competition, past cases and solutions, rules, and eligibility requirements can be found using the link cph.uiowa.edu/case.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at