Canceled: Social Justice Tour: Enriching Art Instruction
Feb 8, 2024
06:00 PM - 07:30 PM
160 West Burlington Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Please register here. TLC Credit: IS, AATD
Presenter: Randy Lange, PhD (and the Stanley Museum of Art staff)
Description: This IN-PERSON workshop will have two components. First, we will experience the social justice tour at the Stanley Art Museum. This tour focuses on the artists, activists, and equity. The workshop will conclude with a discussion of its application to enriching lesson plans. This workshop meets at the Stanley Art Museum and is limited to 16 UI students. Please review the items below regarding our time in the museum.
- All guests will need to leave bags, backpacks, coats, and any beverages in the coat room in our Lobby. Please do not leave items on the floor, but hang items up on the coat racks or check out a locker key from the front desk.
- Students: please swipe your Iowa One card at the podium by the front desk.
- You may bring your notebook and pencil to the Galleries, if you would like to sketch or take notes. No pens, please.
- Take as many photos as you would like, turning your flash setting off will result in the best photos and also help protect our artworks.
- We may be standing/ walking in the Galleries for some time. If you need a seat at any point, we have folding stools available—just ask a staff member and we will show you where they are.
- Please do not lean on walls or display cases & be mindful of keeping a distance between yourself and the artwork.
- We will depart from the Lobby as a group at the start of class time, so you may want to arrive early to stow away your items.
*By registering for this event, you agree to be photographed or filmed for promotional purposes. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com, and we will work with you to make any accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at