Deep Learning with Nvidia Graphical Processing Units (GPU)
ITS-Research Services is proud to announce our first lecture on Deep Learning using the CUDA Programming on Nvidia accelerator processing units on Argon (high performance computing system).
The lecture will contain the following topics
Bhushan Desam (30 mins)
- Overview of AI, key trends, and applications
- Lenovo's approach to AI
Jianbang Zhang (60-75 mins)
- What is deep learning vs machine learning, and why it’s popular now.
- Current active areas using deep learning (Computer vision & speech)
- Deep learning algorithms overview
- Modern machine learning frameworks
- How GPU is used
- How to write deep leaning programs using those frameworks
- Challenges of deep learning and some ongoing research activities.
Q&A (15-20 mins)
The lecture will be presented by Research & Technology scientists Drs. Bhushan Desam and Jianbang Zhang from Lenovo.
Monday, March 27, 2017 at 9:00am to 11:00am
College of Public Health Building, N512
145 North Riverside Drive, Iowa City, IA