- African American Studies Program
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Department of American Studies
- Department of Cinematic Arts
- Department of Communication Studies
- Department of English
- Department of Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies
- Department of Sociology and Criminology
- Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- Obermann Center
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- University Libraries
Political Activism Panel - Sports, Power, and Resistance Obermann Arts & Humanities Symposium
Sep 23, 2023
01:00 PM - 02:30 PM
123 South Linn Street, Iowa City, IA 52240
Panel #2: Political Activism
- Travers (Simon Fraser University): “Trans Participation in Sport: The Fight to Include Us in Public Life”
- Douglas Hartmann (University of Minnesota, Twin Cities): "Documenting and Rethinking the Impact of Protest through Sport: The Case of WNBA Activism in the 2020 Georgia Senate Race"
- Jason Kido Lopez (University of Wisconsin, Madison): "Constructing Crisis in Women’s Sports: Outkick’s 'Anti-Woke' Sports Media Brand"
There will be a break from noon to 1 p.m.
This event is a part of the Sports, Power, and Resistance: Legacies and Futures Obermann Arts and Humanities Symposium.
Free and open to all.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa–sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact in advance at